Listen to part of their record The Nature of All Things as you read our brief interview with Jonathan Sunde
1) What’s your favorite drink? Whiskey, I’m partial to Jameson
2) Describe your sound. Compositional folk music
3) Favorite candy? Haribo gummy bears
4) Favorite song? I don’t know if I have a favorite, but a good tune that jumps to mind is “The Only Living Boy In New York” by Simon & Garfunkel
5) If you could have any super power, what would it be? How about having supernatural control of water.
6) Describe a dream you once had. I’m in a huge room that is completely white and I’m standing on a completely smooth white ledge. I jump off and fall for a while and then land. Upon impact my feet hurt. Then I wake up.
7) What’s your mode of transportation these days? A 2003 Ford Windstar
9) What’s your favorite place in America? I don’t know that I can commit to a favorite place, but there is a beach on the south shore of Lake Superior where my friends and I are drinking beer around a driftwood fire after swimming in the lake, and the sun is setting. That is a pretty amazing place.
Catch the show December 1 at 9pm. $8 cover, 21+.