Membership meetings were held this past Sunday (Feb. 25) and Monday (Feb. 26). Thanks to everyone who showed up. Among the topics discussed is the dire financial situation the Public House is in, changes in the Worker’s Collective and the Board, and potential plans going forward. The following actions were voted on:
– Member Wendy Mesich asked for a vote re: Any future loans must be approved by the membership during a meeting of the membership.
Membership Vote = Yes
– Member Paul Szedziewski offered the unused remainder ($1,200) of his original personal loan ($4,000) which was paid back to Paul, by RWPH, in December. No vote held.
– Member Paul Szedziewski asked for a vote re: Public House management solicit / meet with one or two successful business owners in the Riverwest bar industry and/or co-op field. (These consultants would need to work pro bono.)
Membership Vote = YES
-Membership voted YES to meet in two weeks (Monday, March 12 @ 6:30 pm) to discuss proposals to potentially restructure/ amend bylaws and a potential loan(s). Formal announcement to come as details become available.
-Financial: Donations are being accepted via PayPal to go towards vendor bills.
Memberships (Annual & Lifetime) can now be renewed online via PayPal – link on the Public House website.
-You can read minutes from the meeting here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aoG8oKKdMWAo7T-mxF-Fe7p0uLjNx2pS
-Worker’s Collective & Board member Tea Krulos agreed to compose Membership Updates bi-weekly, but given the current bar situation, you can expect weekly updates every Tuesday through March. Until I am told otherwise, I will continue to organize events, work my shifts, and keep people informed best I can.
Updates since meetings:
– Sarah Ditzenberger resigned from the board of directors, effective immediately.
– Liquor License was approved on 2/27 & has been picked up & paid for along with the food license.
– Tobacco License was approved. Tea & Tracey were told that we can pay for the tobacco license and get it anytime within a year so we didn’t see that as a priority and didn’t get it– we can revisit that down the road.
Requests of Membership from leadership:
-With dwindling staff we have a need for fill in staff. Please contact us via Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested and your bartending license is current.
Here are THIS WEEKS’ EVENTS. Please attend and help spread the word.
Thurs., March 1:
The Apocalypse Blog Book Club: Discussion of Parable of the Talents by Octavia Butler, 7pm, Free. Along with Mystery Book Fundraiser. Pay $5 to buy a mystery/true crime/ horror novel wrapped in paper identified with just one quote from the book written on it. What will you get? It’s a mystery. All money goes to the bar.
Milwaukee Makers Meet 7pm-– this is a new group that meets every other Thursday to craft, anyone welcome to join in.
Sat., March 3:
Abortion Access Benefit Show with Dumpster Doves, Six Wives of Richard, Scarecrow Dave, Neocaveman, Anthony Deutsch. 8pm, $5 ($3 with donation of box of pads).
Sun., March 4:
Events / Membership Committee Meeting, 11 am
RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1373814009389489/
Mon., March 5:
Karaoke with Morgan, 9pm, Free.
Meeting for Volunteers for Gubernatorial Candidate Kathleen Vinehout campaign, 5:30-7pm, Free.
Tues., March 6:
Local Tuesdays with DJ Kingpin, 8pm, Free.