The Riverwest Public House is hiring!
Position: Backup Bartender
We occasionally have gaps in staffing that need to be filled. This position is for someone who would like to pick up a shift every couple of weeks or so. We do like to promote from within, so this could possibly lead to steadier part time bartending work at the RWPH.
‐ Commitment to participating in a Workers’ Collective management employment setting, including by attending meetings, engaging in governance and planning
‐ Available daily in the late afternoons and evenings
‐ Licensed as a bartender in the State of Wisconsin
‐ At least one (1) year experience as a bartender
‐ Proven history of exceptional customer service and communication skills
‐ Physically able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
‐ Persons most ideal will be responsible, trustworthy, dependable, and detail orientated
– Interest or experience with collective management and enthusiasm for the co-op model a must.
Deadline to Apply: We will accept applications and resumes until the position has been filled.
Specific Duties Include:
• Arrive on time to all scheduled shifts
• Remain updated and well trained in RWPH menu and Rules of Operation
• Card and serve appropriate beverages to appropriate customers
• Wash glassware and utensils after each use
• Clean up after customers at the end of your shift
• Maintain a clean work area throughout your shift
• Arrange bottles and glasses for attractive display
• Monitor and maintain an inventory of supplies needed for bar menu
• Mix ingredients according to drink recipes
• Change kegs as needed
• Accurately pour wine and tap beer
• Serve food to customers seated at the bar
• Collect payment and efficiently operate a cash register
• Maintain nightly tabs for customers paying by credit card
• Determine when it is inappropriate to continue to serve a drunk customer and be
prepared to mediate a difficult situation if necessary
• Be familiar with our Drunk Driving policy and be prepared to assist with water, food
and/or alternative and safe transportation
• Provide exceptional customer service at all times; be friendly, helpful, attentive and
• Engage patrons in conversation
• Supply comfortable and pleasing atmosphere in bar with lighting and music
• Act as a role model to all members of the WC
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Part Time
Other information: The RWPH is a community owned and supported bar and public space. We are cooperatively managed by a Collective of Workers and do not discriminate in our hiring for any reason. We are an at-will employer.
Applications are available behind the bar. Ask your bartender.