We currently are looking to hire a bartender to work one shift a week. We are very small staffed, so there is opportunity to fill in shifts when co-workers request time off and also opportunity to work as a secondary bartender on busier nights. This could lead to more shifts in the future depending on our scheduling needs.
• Commitment to participating in a Workers’ Collective management employment setting, including by attending meetings, engaging in governance and planning
• Available daily in the late afternoons and evenings
• Licensed as a bartender in the State of Wisconsin
• At least two (2) years experience as a bartender
• Proven history of exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Physically able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
• Persons most ideal will be responsible, trustworthy, dependable, and detail orientated
• Interest or experience with collective management and enthusiasm for the co-op model a must.
Specific Duties Include:
• Opening or Closing of bar, including stocking and completing daily side work
• Card and serve appropriate beverages to appropriate customers
• Provide exceptional customer service at all times; be friendly, helpful, attentive and informed
• Accurately pour wine, tap beer and cocktails (including all specialty cocktails
• Create an engaging environment for customers including a comfortable and pleasing atmosphere in bar with lighting and music
• Maintain a clean and attractive work area throughout your shift
• Be able to efficiently operate a cash register
• Determine when it is inappropriate to continue to serve a drunk customer and be prepared to mediate a difficult situation if necessary.
• Remain updated and well trained in RWPH menu and Rules of Operation.
• Change kegs, CO2 and soda as needed
• Be knowledgeable about Membership and the co-op model
• Act as a role model to all members of the WC
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Part Time
Deadline to Apply: We will accept applications and resumes until the position has been filled.
Other information: The RWPH is a community owned and supported bar and public space. We are cooperatively managed by a Collective of Workers and do not discriminate in our hiring for any reason. We are an at-will employer.
Applications are available behind the bar. Ask your bartender.