The Public House is turning 5 years old on March 17th, and you should be proud. You’re part of the reason we’ve made it five years. A lot of businesses don’t make it that long. And let’s be honest, not everyone thought we could do it:
(click for larger version)
To celebrate, we’ve got a whole month of amazing events. But the real treat this year is the week of programming dedicated to amplifying the 5 Year Anniversary message.
From Saturday, 3/12 to Friday 3/18, we have a strong sampling of the shenanigans that have made this place what it is. Saturday March 12 is a Pants Off Dance Off, Sunday has a Night School Sex Ed for Adults featuring the adventures of a youth sexual health educator followed by a show with KP&ME, The Pukes, and Abby Jeanne Rebel Love. Monday the 14th is a special edition of Karaoke modeled after that TV show The Voice, with our own panel of celebrity judges. Tuesday and Wednesday will have some weird stuff you’ll just have to sit tight for the details on. Thursday is our huge 5 year anniversary member party with classics from the Squeezettes, a set on the heavier side from Power Wagon, and the styilngs of Thistledown Thunders. The week rounds out with The Midwest Drag King Spring Fling on Friday.
A lot of the folks who are reading this aren’t active members (meaning your membership is due for renewal). If that’s the case, this month is the best time ever to join or renew your membership. Why, you ask? Because for March only, here’s what you get:
– One free tap beer for every new/renewal member
– One coupon good for one free admission to any show.
– If a current member brings in a new member, you both get a free beer. We call that “friends with benefits”
– If a current member pays up to a lifetime membership, you get a choice of a free shirt, tank, tote, or pint glasses.
– Everyone who buys/renews will be automatically entered into a raffle. There are three prize packages:
- Pizza Party: 2 pizzas / 6 free drinks
- Dranks: 2 free empty pint glasses / 4 free drinks
- Swag Bag: shirt, button, stickers, pint glass, tote bag.
– Temporary membership card
– New member packet with info about the bar, the neighborhood, and cooperatives.
– Bell gets rung and you get your very own round of applause
We really do appreciate all the love and support that has come our way over the years. Riverwest is the best!
To kick off the month, Tyranena Brewing Company will be taking over Public House taps tonight from 6pm to 9pm.
They’ll be raffling off 6 packs of beer to take home and some Tyranena swag. The line up:
– The Devil Made Me Do It! Coffee Imperial Oatmeal Porter
– Down ‘N Dirty Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
– Hop Whore Imperial IPA – Bitter Woman IPA
– The Wrath of Rocky Imperial Brown Ale
See you there!!
Love and Solidarity,
Your Riverwest Public House Cooperative