November 20th, 2017
Dear Members and Friends of the Riverwest Public House,
It’s been a busy month and we want to stop to say thank you to all the volunteers, committee members, workers’ and patrons working hard to make it work.
We are thankful for all of you!
Remember that the Friday after Thanksgiving is the busiest bar night of the year so come on out and make the Public House your house.
In the meantime, see below for all the news and SAVE THE DATE:
- 11/25 Craft & Draft – Shop Local Saturday w/ RWPH & Black Husky
- 12/7 Vinyl Potluck
- 12/21 Solstice Party w/ OLB art installation, Denny Rauen’s OLB short-documentary/ talkback & Bootleg Bessie perform.
- CALL FOR BOARD MEMBERS: The WC and Board have continued to assess the organization’s leadership needs and have decided to reopen the call for candidates to step into fill vacant board seats. There are 6 seats open for appointment to fulfill 1, 2 and 3 year terms on the board. The current WC have been asked to consider appointments. Please check out our Board Member Job Description and complete a Board Interest Form. Get in touch with any questions.
- We’re Hiring! We have made an open call to hire a new bartender and have received 3 applications. Interview scheduling are in progress.
- Committee/ WC / Board updates:
- The membership database is being cleaned up and updated
- Stay tuned for the new RWPH website late 2017/ early 2018 complete with events calendar and event interest form!
- Regular Member events including Happy Hour events and Vinyl Potlucks (next is 12/7)
- Financial update: Financial update: We had an excellent September and a profit for the month. Workers’ Collective hosted some great events including the Night Carnival and Oktoberfest, along with the start of Packer season. At this time we are looking for ways to increase sales and decrease expenses.
- Call for volunteers! We will always be looking for interested members to take up leadership positions in the co-op. Are you wanting to meet new people, support the RWPH, learn new skills and/or share your talents? Consider joining a committee! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the meeting invites.
- In addition we have some specific asks of you. Below are a list of jobs/ things that we need help with:
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Community Events Coordinator
- Flyer distribution (beer / admission in exchange for flyer distribution)
- Soundproofing (building crew and hanging party)
- Vinyl night host (rotating 1 host/ month)
- Door people
- Food – for Packer games & Potlucks
- Small tables & chairs that collapse for the area near the stage
- 4 x 3’ corkboard for flyers
If you are able to contribute toward any of these efforts please email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
On behalf of the Riverwest Public House